links, commentary, toons, pics, fun!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

bo(o)

I read your diary entry, and
definitely find it interesting about all the foreign policy people being
for obama-I need to read more about him. There was an article awhile back
about him in Harpers that I read, and the main point they were making (if
i am remembering correctly) was how he had a history of being sort of a
"consensus builder." Which I can see as positive, but at the same time I
think I am interested in someone who will take unpopular positions in the
interest of long-term issues. For example, I guess his voting record on
environmental issues in IL was somewhat inconsistent because he often put
local industry/workers interest ahead of what was environmental sound (I
believe it was connected to coal mining?) But, I may be getting this all
wrong! Keep sending any links about the election you find worth reading.

sara

No comments:

Followers