links, commentary, toons, pics, fun!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

008

I think you are on to something that pundits dare not dismiss Clinton. Because she's a Clinton. They're indestructible. Of course it turns out they're not, but nevertheless we're all slowly walking backwards toward the door, never turning our backs on her slain candidacy lest it suddenly lurch back to life. I also thought that Salon article was very insightful, although I wonder if Obama would really give her veto power over his VP pick. That sounds like a bad idea to me.

A McCain v Clinton race would probably have centered on the Vietnam war, so I'm very glad not to be having that argument again. I hope that as the race turns to McCain v Obama we can get away from personality politics that the Dem race revolved around and into some substance, given how vastly different their policies are. Something tells me not to get too hopeful about that, but if they follow through on this idea for a series of unmoderated debates then all bets are off.


Some links:

A girl named Stanley (happy mothers day)

Mr. Cool's Intensity

here's hoping Frank Rich is right

The Upside of Being Knocked Around

The Price of Delay

SNL Hillary (vid)

No comments:

Followers