links, commentary, toons, pics, fun!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

08

Yeah, I think Obama handled it about as well as he could, but it's still a total mess. I don't even know what to say about Rev. Wright except that I hope he goes away (although I ). And I don't know what's going on here in NC. I saw one poll even had Hillary ahead! If she were to win here it would be a disaster. As that former DNC chair (during Clinton's Presidency) who just switched his support to Obama put it:

as much as I respect and admire them both, it is clear that a vote for Hillary Clinton is a vote to continue this process, and a vote to continue this process is a vote that assists John McCain.
Should this race continue after Indiana and North Carolina, it will inevitably become more negative. The polls already show the supporters for both candidates becoming more strident in their positions and more locked into their support. Continuing on this path would be a catastrophe, as we would inadvertently end up doing Republicans work for them.

I think that's just undeniably true, whatever one thinks about who would make a better nominee or president.
Well, tomorrow I plan on rockin' with Superchunk and Arcade Fire, and then this wknd getting off my ass and try to help put this to bed.

And now, your links:

interesting article
about how the african american community here in NC is interpreting all this Wright business.

when it comes to withdrawing from Iraq is Obama making promises he can't keep?

a humorous overview
of the liberal blogosphere during this primary season

No comments:

Followers