links, commentary, toons, pics, fun!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

08

my last subject line was annoying me, so I'm starting a new thread.

i recommend this article by a reporter who hung out with Obama's foreign policy team and came away impressed. It's in the "Obama rules" genre, but that's a genre I happen to enjoy. (the end of the article reminded me of Diana's comment about "FDR grade beef.")

Also, I've been thinking a lot about what the long term effects of this Wright business are going to be, although I haven't yet formed any solid conclusions. Last night I hung out with Liz Beckett in Athens and she for instance was very thrown by that stuff and is hoping Clinton can still win. Now I'm in Pensacola and was surprised to find out that both my parents read the text of Obama's speech on Tuesday. My Dad said the speech "took real courage" and that he thinks that that should put the whole matter to rest. My Mom (who's the more political of the two) on one hand wondered why Obama would stay in a Church like that, but on the other wondered if perhaps most african american churches weren't like that. I suggested that there might be a generational difference between attitudes of older vs. younger african americans and she agreed with that. Interestingly enough my Mom said her real problem with Obama and the Democrats in general is that they are too beholden to trial lawyers. She said had heard that Obama might appoint Edwards as Attorney General, at which point she and my Dad both visibly shuddered.

Anyway, I'm not really going anywhere with this. Anyone else have thoughts?

No comments:

Followers